dimanche 13 mars 2011

And Perplexity Continues!

I'm getting more and more confused, I must say.
Maybe I'm becoming a victim (as I wrote earlier) of Miles' 'negativism' in relation to whom he thought Zappa was as a man.
Or maybe, after all, Miles was right to write all these rather harsh, or at least direct comments towards him.
My father (who first introduced me to the Man) always depicted him as the Family Guy par excellence, loving his children and wife very much, respecting them and seeing them as his only true treasure in his life. I even wrote a short post about his relationship with Gail...
I already knew, when I wrote it a couple of weeks ago, that Frank cheated on her in many occasions while on tour. But I'm now seriously doubting of the true sincerity and integrity of Zappa towards his family, particularly towards his wife. I mean, how can you represent a perfect couple when the man is running around with any groupie he can find, or with any girls at all? His story with Nigey Lennon is quite disturbing, I must say, especially since Gail had already given birth to two kids, and that Nigey was more than 10 years younger than Zappa (oh, and as a minor side fact: a MINOR). What is even more intriguing is to read Nigey's comment on Frank sexual preferences... which, true or not, I'm not going to quote here.

I understand that a couple can be open-minded, that a guy (or a girl) can make mistakes and realize the importance of his family. I also know that Zappa always said that a healthy sex life would heal America of its impotence and depression and that his only true love was with music... But how far are you willing to go, really?
Miles writes that Gail seemed to be really annoyed by his husband running around. I wonder if something will make him change, will make him go back to his family for good.
I haven't read that part yet, and I'm really wondering what will come next.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire